FLEXCOAT High-quality, elastic, waterproofing paint
FLEX-PRIMER High-quality, acrylic, water-based primer
DUROCRET Polymer-modified cement mortar
UNICRET Mortar for rendering and masonry
UNICRET-FAST Fast-setting, white repairing mortar
PLANFIX Polymer-modified cement putty
PLANFIX-FINE Polymer-modified cement putty, extra fine-grained
ISOMASTIC-A Elastoplastic acrylic sealant
I. NATURE OF THE PROBLEM – REQUIREMENTS
Moisture problems caused by rain in external walls are a common phenomenon, particularly when construction of a waterproof render has been neglected or the finishing paint is low-quality. Such problems are even more intense in walls facing north, having cracks or being close to the sea.
Nevertheless, this problem is easily and effectively solved by painting, even at a later stage.
The paint to be used must possess waterproofing ability, high strength, high flexibility and great resistance to weather conditions.
FLEXCOAT is the ideal solution for waterproofing of external surfaces against rain. It is a highly elastic, high quality water-soluble paint, based on acrylic elastomeric resins.
FLEXCOAT makes walls totally impermeable by rain. It is vapour-permeable to allow breathing of the structural element and highly elastic to ensure crack-bridging. Also, it provides strong bonding to the substrate and excellent coverage. Moreover, it possess excellent resistance to washing.
FLEXCOAT is applied on old or new surfaces made of practically any building material such as render, exposed concrete, masonry etc.
- The substrate must be free of loose particles, dust, grease etc.
- Any existing imperfections on the render should be repaired with DUROCRET polymer modified cement mortar or with UNICRET or UNICRET-FAST premixed mortars.
- Imperfections on exposed concrete should be repaired with PLANFIX or PLANFIX-FINE polymer modified cement putties.
- Cracks or joints should be filled with ISOMASTIC-A sealant, after being widened at an approx. width of 3 mm.
- The surface should be primed with the acrylic primer FLEX-PRIMER. Especially when the render is loose or crumpling, FLEX-PRIMER stabilizes its surface.
Consumption of FLEX-PRIMER: 100-200 g/m2, depending on the absorptivity of the substrate.
- After the primer has dried, FLEXCOAT is applied.
Before use, FLEXCOAT is lightly stirred. 2 coats of FLEXCOAT, either undiluted or diluted up to 5% with water should be applied by brush, roller or airless spray. The first coat must be completely dry before the second one is applied.
Coverage: 8-10 m2/lit per layer.
If there is dense, multiple cracking on the wall’s surface, FLEXCOAT’s membrane can be universally reinforced with 100 cm wide sheets of polyester fabric. In this case, a coat of FLEXCOAT of the same width as the reinforcing material is applied and while it is still fresh, the polyester fabric is put in position. The rest of the surface is covered in the same way. Once the reinforcing of the entire surface is complete, two further coatings of FLEXCOAT should be made over the entire surface. Each coat must be completely dry before the next one is applied.